Beverly Maier - To Be Loved To The Bone

• Kurzbeschreibung (Amazon):

This book is about pain: the shattering our hearts experience and how it shapes the healing that comes next.

It’s a book about loss: the depths of darkness we find ourselves in and the glimmers of light that help pull us out.

It’s a book about aching: for something more, for what could have been, for what should have been, and for the possibility that each new day brings.

It’s a book about processing: for taking the time to find ourselves and to find the purpose in unexpected seasons and circumstances.

It’s a book about passion: for life and for another.

But at its core, this is a book about love: the love that stays and the love that goes. The love that breaks everything it touches and the love that rebuilds better things in its place. The love we nurture in our hearts and find the strength to give back to ourselves. The love that’s worth vulnerably searching for and sharing with hearts that include our own. The love that’s our story if we are brave enough to keep looking for it. The love that’s your story if you can be brave enough to tell it.

The love that shows us how it feels to be loved to the bone.

Meine Meinung:

In diesem Gedichtband wechseln sich Seiten, auf denen mittellange bis lange Gedichte zu finden sind, mit Seiten, die kurze Gedichte und eine kleine Zeichnung beinhalten ab. Dadurch lässt sich das Buch sehr schnell lesen und die Seiten fliegen nur so vorbei. Die Gedichte handeln von Liebe; sowohl von heilsamer, glücklicher Liebe, als auch schmerzhafter Liebe und Trennung, sowie von Selbstliebe und Selbstreflektion.

Mir haben die Gedichte gut gefallen, sie waren teilweise metaphorisch und teilweise greifbar und praktisch. Zugleich waren sie aufgrund ihrer Länge nicht zu ausschweifend. Ich konnte viele der beschriebenen Gefühle gut nachempfinden und habe mir einige besonders schöne Gedichte markiert, um sie später noch einmal lesen zu können.

Zitat

I will not apologize for being too much for you.

I am enough for me.

Fazit:

Mir hat dieser Gedichtband sehr gefallen. Sehr empfehlenswerte :bewertung1von5: :bewertung1von5: :bewertung1von5: :bewertung1von5: :bewertungHalb: Sterne.

Erfahrung heißt gar nichts. Man kann seine Sache auch 35 Jahre schlecht machen. Kurt Tucholsky :wink: